A Clever First Step into Meteorology !
Wind speed and temperature meter, including a calculation mode of the wind-chill factor (temperature felt when the wind is blowing). Used by fire fighters, farmers, scientists, etc.
SKYWATCH® Meteos is a thermo-anemometer who measure wind strength without worrying about his position. The Skywatch meteos 1 is energized by a replaceable AA battery. The display is made up 99.9 at the 10th, then to the unit. A thread on the botoom plate allows its mount on a tripod photo.
Wind-Chill Factor : The Wind Chill Factor is a calculation of the wind effect on temperature. The faster the wind blows, the faster the body loses heat. It is dangerous if your body loses too much heat. For example : a 0°C current temperature and a 30 km/h wind bring you a temperature of -13°C !!! At sea, in the mountain, while you are trekking or biking, the SKYWATCH Meteos will give you instantly the real temperature felt by your body and preserve you from frostbite and hypothermia.
Waterproof, protection cap for impeller and aluminium base.
- Instant windspeed units km/h, m/s, knots, mph, fps, and Beaufort
- Temperature measuring Minimum, average and maximum
- Wind chill factor calculation
- Weight 235g
- Size 65 x 155mm
- Average windspeed (3s – 24h)
- Maximum windspeed
- Aluminium bottom plate for tripod attachment
- 2 AA batteries
- Waterproof – floating
- Operating temperature from -20C to 70C
- Measuring range 2 to 150 km/h
- Windspeed accuracy +-3%
- Swiss Official calibration
- Protective cap for the impeller